Mom camp: how I planned our summer "camp" activities.

There is no question about it: summers are just as scary for mommies as they are nostalgically longed for. For one, there is always the chance that your kid is going to forget everything he learned the previous school year. How will we keep up their academic edge? And there is always the fear that the week that you can afford of summer camp will not be enough and that the kids will get lazy and loose themselves in electronic gadgets. (My worst nightmare) On the other side, I hate the hustle and bustle of busy school mornings, and the thought of summer and the living's easy is oh-so-tempting.

So, in order to tackle the boredom of time off, and to make sure my kids stay on a schedule, I made up "mom camp". This is what our schedule looks like:

This was super easy to do. I think I bought these at the teacher section of my local Dollar Tree. (They have great educational tools, by the way). And I printed out simple clip art with their accompanying bold word. I also made the times so that we can work on our time telling lesson.

For James' schedule, I added the potty picture because we were potty training. By two weeks time he was fully potty trained. I'm not sure if having a visual reminder aided in that, but I think it didn't hurt. In any case, I would recommend this for any homeschooling mom, or if you want to do a "mom camp" even for a couple of days during the summer. The boys have maintained their lessons, and they have actually improved. All-in-all this is a great tool to use for schedules with small children. Hope you guys have fun making these! And as far as potty training goes, may the force be with you..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back 2 School Lunch Packing and Reviews

ADHD, and keeping your sanity.

Easy Peasy Lunchmaking